Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT EC DEFENSE
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide, you understand and agree to accept and adhere to the following terms and conditions as stated in this policy (hereafter referred to as ‘User Agreement’).
This agreement is in effect as of 08/04/2021.
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement from time to time without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBLE USE AND CONDUCT
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as ‘Resources’), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
Wherein, you understand that:
- EC Defense reserves the right to cancel any order for any reason, at any time.
- In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
- Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
- Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
- You are solely responsible any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any EC Defense employees or representatives.
We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
We do not assume any liability for any content posted by you or any other 3rd party users of our website. However, any content posted by you using any open communication tools on our website, provided that it doesn’t violate or infringe on any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks, becomes the property of EC Defense, and as such, gives us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, publicly display and/or distribute as we see fit. This only refers and applies to content posted via open communication tools as described, and does not refer to information that is provided as part of the registration process, necessary in order to use our Resources.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless EC Defense and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES
By using our website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are “as is” and “as available”. This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
- the use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements.
- the use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors.
- the information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate or reliable, and
- any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content. Additionally, you understand and agree that no information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from EC Defense or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. EC Defense will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
All content and materials available on ECDefense.us, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of EC Defense, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by EC Defense.
TERMINATION OF USE
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
This website is controlled by EC Defense. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. By accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of our state, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
Due to many different variables that arise when putting on a course, all training course fees are non refundable, unless canceled by EC Defense. We understand life throws us the occasional curve ball but that’s ok. If a student cannot attend a class for any reason, they will be able to move their registration to the same course anytime, within the same calendar year, provided there are spaces available in that future course. Students can only reschedule a course ONCE per calendar year. If EC Defense cancels a class a full refund of course tuition will be issued, or a credit will be issued for the amount of the course fee to be applied to any course offered by EC Defense. Training credits must be redeemed within a 3 month period from the time of issue, (excludes guest instructors, products, firearms, ammunition)
FIREARM, MAGAZINE & AMMUNITION RESTRICTIONS
The customer is responsible for knowing his/her state laws regarding firearm transfers. Contact your local FFL dealer with any questions regarding the sale or transfer of firearms. Contact your local FFL before ordering a firearm to verify their transfer fee and to ensure they will receive your transfer. You, the customer assumes all responsibility and cost for returned firearms due to FFL refusal or failure to receive.
If you order a handgun, stockless shotgun, complete AR or AK receiver, or stripped lower receiver, YOU MUST be:
- A legal resident of the state in which you are ordering.
- 21 years of age or older to complete the transfer through your FFL.
Exceptions: Military personnel stationed in a state other than their legal residence may purchase firearms across state lines. Contact your local FFL receiving the transfer as you may have to provide proof of deployment, residence, etc.
Please follow all directions prompted to you at checkout. This will ensure speedier delivery. You may be asked to provide the FFL information that you wish to use. If you wish to change the FFL you want to use after the order has shipped, you will be additionally charged for the cost of shipping. If a FFL is not available at the time of delivery, the package will not be held at the carrier hub and will be returned to EC Defense. Additional shipping charges will apply to orders that need to be reshipped.
- EC Defense will not ship ANY items to the District of Columbia (Washington D.C.).
- EC Defense will not ship ANY items to the state of Massachusetts.
- EC Defense will not ship ANY AR or AK Parts or Firearms (Including Receivers) to residents of Connecticut, Chicago, Illinois, Cook County, Illinois, or Deerfield, Illinois.
- EC Defense will not ship any AR or AK parts to Colorado.
- EC Defense will not ship ANY items to Puerto Rico or The Virgin Island.
- EC Defense will not ship ANY items to the state of Hawaii.
- Illinois: All hand guns handgun having a barrel, slide, frame or receiver which is a die casting of zinc alloy or other non-homogeneous metal that melts or deforms at a temperature of less than 800 degrees Fahrenheit are prohibited.
- Minnesota: All hand guns handgun having a barrel, slide, frame or receiver which is a die casting of zinc alloy or other non-homogeneous metal that melts or deforms at a temperature of less than 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit, of any material having an ultimate tensile strength of less than 55,000 pounds per square inch, and of any powdered metal having a density of less than 7.5 grams per cubic centimeter are prohibited.
- EC Defense will not ship ANY AR or AK Firearms (Including Receivers) to Colorado or Illinois.
- EC Defense will not ship any handguns to CA that are not on the DOJ roster. This includes Single Shot Exemption conversions.
- EC Defense will not ship any AR parts will be shipped to Connecticut. All such orders will be cancelled and the customer will be charged a 5% fee.
Stripped lower receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
- New York
Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
Non-Compliant AR & AK models will NOT be shipped to the following states:
- California (No “assault weapons” can be shipped.)
- New Jersey
- New York
Any orders placed for magazines that are not legal in your state will immediately be refunded and restocked and may be subject to a 5% restocking fee.
- California: No magazines over 10 rounds will be shipped to customers with shipping addresses in CA except to law enforcement or customers with high capacity magazine permit. Due to passage of Law CA AB48 we are no longer selling any magazine repair kits as of 12/07/2013.
- Chicago and other counties within IL: No magazines over the below capacities will be shipped to customers with shipping addresses in the following areas.
Aurora, Illinois: maximum capacity of 15 rounds
Cook County, Illinois: maximum capacity of 10 rounds
Chicago, Illinois: maximum capacity of 10 rounds
- Colorado: No magazines over 15 rounds will be shipped to customers with shipping addresses in CO.
- Connecticut: No magazines over 10 rounds will be shipped to customers with shipping addresses in CT. As of 10/1/13 in order to comply with CT Senate Bill No. 1160 magazines holding 10 rounds or less can only be purchased if buyer provides a copy of driver’s license and ONE of the following: state handgun carry permit, long gun certificate, or ammunition certificate.
- District of Columbia: No magazines over 10 rounds capacity will be shipped to customers with shipping addresses in DC.
- Hawaii: No magazines over 10 rounds that are compatible with any pistol (to include magazines compatible with both a pistol and rifle) will be shipped to customers with shipping addresses in HI.
- Maryland: No magazines over 10 rounds will be shipped to customers with shipping addresses in MD.
- Massachusetts: No magazines over 10 rounds will be shipped to customers with shipping addresses in MA.
- New Jersey: No magazines over 10 rounds will be shipped to customers with shipping addresses in NJ.
- New York: No magazines over 10 rounds will be shipped to customers with shipping addresses in NY.
- Vermont: No magazines over 10 rounds for Rifles and over 15 rounds for Pistols will be shipped to customers with shipping addresses in VT.
- Military APO/FPO: Due to shipping restrictions, EC Defense is not able to ship to APO/FPO addresses. If you would like to receive our products we can ship to a stateside military base (or other address) that is not an APO/FPO address.
The above lists state restrictions currently known to ECDefense.us on the sale of magazines. ECDefense.us has carefully researched this list but does not offer legal advise or make any guarantee to the accuracy of this list. It is the responsibility of the buyer to research and obey all applicable local, state, and federal laws in regard to the possession, use, and sale of any magazine purchased from ECDefense.us.
You must be 18 or older to purchase ammunition for use in a shotgun or rifle and 21 or older to purchase ammunition for use in a handgun. Ammunition cannot ship to a PO Box or APO/FPO addresses. Ammunition cannot be returned for any reason. Please consult applicable local laws before ordering.
Due to various state and local restrictions regarding ammunition, we are unable to ship orders containing ammunition to shipping addresses in the following states or territories at this time:
- New Jersey
- New York
- Puerto Rico
- Washington (state)
- Washington DC